Recipe for Chicken Nuggets – This clean and gluten free recipe for chicken nuggets makes eating chicken exciting again. It’s become a favorite recipe for mine and could easily become one of yours!
Healthier Recipe for Chicken Nuggets
I honestly can’t think of any kid who doesn’t
like LOVE chicken nuggets! Not only are they healthy, they are so much easier to clean up than the conventional skillet-fried version. Oh, and this recipe for chicken nuggets only takes about 20 minutes of hand-on time to prepare.
Whether you are looking for a healthy recipe for chicken nuggets or not, that’s what we serve up here at clean cuisine. If you happen to have kids who are not fully on board with the clean eating thing, then this is a recipe sure to win them over.
Quick and Easy Recipe for Chicken Nuggets
As mentioned, the nuggets take less than 20 minutes to make. It then takes another 25 minutes for them to cook, in which time you could be preparing the rest of the meal.
With just a few simple ingredients (that are super nutritious and healthy), your chicken nuggets will be ready in no time.
Here’s some ideas on what to pair with this recipe for chicken nuggets:
Recipe for Chicken Nuggets Goes Best With…
Here’s a list of ideas on what you can serve to make this a complete meal for your family. I’m always looking for simple ways to add more greens to our meals and you can start off with a simple dinner salad with some of my favorite dressings.
- Make a simple salad using fresh field greens, add some chopped kale or romaine and top with our homemade Caesar Salad Dressing.
- Great side dishes could include:
- “Whole” Watermelon Juice or try our Naturally Sweetened Lemonade
- For dipping sauces for this recipe for chicken nuggets, we love making Easy Homemade Ketchup OR Clean Honey Mustard Sauce OR Clean BBQ Sauce (Note: If you don’t have time to make your own condiments, check out the store-bought brands I recommend HERE.)
FYI: Lime Washing A Chicken
I just have to mention lime-washing. A friend of mine who was born in Central America recently taught me about lime-washing chicken prior to cooking.
So far, it seems to make a HUGE difference in the taste of whatever chicken dish I happen to be making, including the chicken nuggets. Apparently, lime-washing is a time-honored method used in Central America as well as in Haitian cooking. It works to tenderize the meat and reduce cooking time.
I did not include the lime-washing step in the recipe below, but it is definitely worth a try!
How to Lime Wash Chicken:
Follow these simple steps for a more tender and juicy chicken.
- Start by squeezing a generous amount of fresh lime juice all over the chicken. Use your hands to rub the lime juice into the chicken.
- Rinse the chicken with water thoroughly.
- Then, pat the chicken dry.
- Season the chicken with salt.
That’s all there is to it for lime-washing your chicken before making the recipe below! It’s such a simple step, but I really do think it makes a BIG difference. If you give it a try, please do let me know what you think!
Ok, on with the recipe for chicken nuggets…Print
Recipe for Chicken Nuggets
Recipe for Chicken Nuggets are delicious enough that the whole family will love them. Plus, our recipe for chicken nuggets is gluten free!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Extra virgin olive oil (for the parchment paper)
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Pink Himalayan sea salt plus more for seasoning chicken
- 2 organic (pasture-raised eggs)
- 1 teaspoon almond or hemp milk
- 1 pound boneless (skinless pasture-raised chicken thighs, cut into small bite-sized pieces)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and then brush a thin layer of oil over the top of the parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sorghum flour, almond flour, oregano, garlic powder, paprika and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg and almond milk (or hemp milk) until well combined.
- Season the chicken with salt and paprika on all sides.
- Drop a few chicken pieces into the egg wash and turn until coated. Transfer the egg-coated chicken pieces to the flour-spice bowl and dredge until evenly coated with the flour-spice mixture. Place the chicken on the oiled parchment paper.
- Repeat Step 5 until all of the chicken is coated, making sure to spread the chicken pieces evenly on the baking sheet, leaving some space between them.
- Bake chicken for 10 minutes, then flip and bake another 12 to 15 minutes, until the chicken is golden and crispy and no pink remains in the center. Serve warm.