I’m crazy for brownies, but I truly think I might like these Peanut Butter Blondies with chocolate chips even more. Especially since they are the closet thing I have had to a Reese’s Cup in years. One thing is for sure though, they don’t last long in our house at all! I usually like to make a double batch to freeze.
One of our favorite things to do is create recipes that are delicious while also being gluten free, dairy-free and refined sugar free.
As for the pureed dates, this nutrient-dense “whole fruit”, natural sweetener enables you to get just about any dessert as sweet as you could possibly imagine, but without refined sugar. In many recipes, including these Reese’s Cup-inspired Peanut Butter Blondies, the pureed dates contribute moisture and actually enhance the overall texture. Although they are every bit as sweet, soft, moist and gooey as the original version, the reworked Peanut Butter Blondies below are actually healthier. Go figure!
Reese’s Cup Peanut Butter Blondies
Made with gluten free flour, no refined sugar or dairy, these Reese’s Cup-inspired Peanut Butter Blondies are gooey and delicious.
- Prep Time: 12 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 37 minutes
- Yield: 9 1x
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (Note: look for a brand with no added sugar or oil)
- 3 organic (pastured eggs)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened organic coconut milk
- 5 organic pitted medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut palm sugar or date sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup oat bran or rice bran
- 1/2 cup 1-for-1 gluten free flour (like this one from King Arthur)
- 3/4 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips (like Enjoy Life brand)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil the bottom and sides of an 8 x 8-inch baking dish.
- Add the peanut butter, eggs, coconut milk, dates and vanilla extract to a high-speed blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the coconut sugar, baking powder, oat bran and flour. Stir in the creamy peanut butter mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until firm. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool for 10 minutes before serving. Best served warm.