- Dry Stout
- Black IPA
- American Brown Ale
- Robust Porter
- American Stout
- Imperial Stout
Crock Pot Chili Recipe Has LOTS of Flavor (Thank You Beer)
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 80 minutes
- Total Time: 110 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1 pound grass-fed stew beef (cut into bite-sized cubes)
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt (to taste)
- Stoneground (whole grain corn flour (such as Bob’s Red Mill))
- 1 tablespoon plus 3 teaspoons organic (unrefined red palm oil (read why this oil is a superfood HERE) or extra virgin olive oil, divided)
- 6 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 4 carrots (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons chili powder (such as Simply Organic)
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (from a can of chipotles in adobe, seeds removed, chopped)
- 1 cup organic vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup full-bodied beer (such as Samuel Adams Cream Stout)
- 1 can (28 ounces chopped tomatoes)
- 2 cans (15 ounces each dark kidney beans (note: look for BPA-free brands such as Eden Foods) , rinsed and drained)
- 2 cups frozen organic corn (thawed)
- 2 red bell peppers (chopped)
- Season beef with salt and toss in corn flour to coat.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the beef and sear for about 2 minutes each side (note: do not cook the beef all the way through). Remove beef from the skillet and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same skillet over medium-low heat. When the oil is hot, add the garlic, onion, and carrots and cook until onions and carrots are soft, about 5-minutes. Season with salt to taste. Stir in the chili powder, oregano, cumin, cinnamon and chipotle peppers; cook for about 1-minute.
- Pour the broth and beer into the skillet. Bring liquid to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer; simmer for 5-minutes. Let the mixture cool slightly and then use a ladle to transfer about 1/2 of the liquid and vegetables to a blender. Process on high for about 45-seconds, or until puree is smooth and creamy.
- To a 5 or 6-quart crock pot, add the reserved partially cooked beef, liquid and vegetables from the skillet, puree, tomatoes, kidney beans, corn and bell peppers. Cook on high for about 1 hour. Turn heat off and let chili sit for at least 30-minutes before serving. Serve warm.
Last Step! If you loved our recipe, leave us a review below. This helps future recipe makers and ensures continued high-quality recipes for years to come!