Tomato Smoothie – This delicious and savory Tomato Smoothie recipe is a v8 copycat and full of robust nutrients! Trust us, you can never have too many delicious smoothie recipes. We use just a few basic pantry staples paired with counter-ripened tomatoes, chopped celery and garlic to create the perfect Tomato Smoothie.
Drink a Vegetable Based Smoothie Everyday!
Enjoying a “super green” smoothie every day is a key component living an anti-inflammatory lifestyle. This Tomato Smoothie does just that, but it’s loaded with a “green vegetable” that you can’t even tell. Can you guess what it is?
It’s easy to swap out kale, spinach or another leafy green for frozen cauliflower. Cauliflower is considered a cruciferous vegetable and has a tremendous amount of health benefits. Cauliflower is naturally packed with nutrients like fiber, antioxidants and choline.
Vitamix E310 Blender for $299.95
Instantly save $50 off of this Vitamix E310. Enjoy high-speed blending at a fraction of the cost. Made in the USA and includes a 5 year warranty.
Plus, cauliflower is going to add to your low-carb meals while still providing a complete vegetable source for your meal.
Some of my favorite cauliflower recipes include:
- Mojo Shrimp Skillet with Cauliflower Rice
- Riced Cauliflower Recipes
- Cauliflower “Mashed Potatoes” Mash
- Cauliflower Tater Tots
Plus, a perfect part of this Tomato Smoothie recipe that makes the smoothie creamy.
How to Make the Perfect Tomato Smoothie
Drinking blended greens might seem a little strange at first. However, we promise once you add in cauliflower to this smoothie, you’ll be hooked once you start. The vibrant energy and “glow” you’ll from making a Tomato Smoothie or other Clean Cuisine Smoothie. Plus, these smoothies are incredibly refreshing and they really can taste delicious.
To Make the perfect Tomato Smoothie you must have ripened on-the-counter red tomatoes. Once ripened, gather the rest of the ingredients and toss everything into a high speed blender.
Ok, so this one doesn’t look green, but it’s got plenty of great green goodness! And it really is way better than anything you could ever get from a can.
4 Big Health Benefits to Adding Hemp Hearts to this Tomato Smoothie
Hemp seeds Nutrition Facts get an A++! We had just 1 tablespoon to this smoothie recipe, but you can always add more. Here are the best hemp seed benefits and how they can benefit your body, insulin sensitivity and much more.
#1: Amazing Anti-inflammatory Properties
These little seeds deliver a hefty dose of omega-3 and omega-6 fats. Importantly, hemp seeds and hemp oil both have a highly favorable omega-3 to omega-6 ratio and possess potent anti-inflammatory properties.
#2: Gamma-linolenic Acid in Hemp Hearts
Along with borage oil, spirulina, black currant oil, and evening primrose oil, hemp seeds and hemp oil are one of only a very few sources of GLA (gamma-linolenic acid). GLA is a super special type of highly anti-inflammatory omega-6 “super fat”. It not only reduces inflammation but also supports a healthy metabolism, nourishes your hair, skin and nails and even helps regulate hormones.
#3: Hemp Hearts Improve Insulin and Assist in Weight Loss
Some naturopathic physicians actually prescribe GLA supplements (such as evening primrose oil) to improve sensitivity to insulin and assist with weight loss. These seeds can also reduce blood pressure and to reduce hormone-mediated nuisance symptoms (bye-bye PMS or hot flashes). Hemp seeds are among the very few non-supplement food sources of “super fat” GLA.
#4: Hemp Seeds are High in Protein
The protein from hemp is considered the “Gold Standard” of plant protein because it is particularly easy to digest (no bloating, gas, constipation, etc.). In addition, it is rich in essential amino acids and is very unlikely to cause allergies. Hemp seeds are also particularly rich in zinc, iron and magnesium.
This Tomato Smoothie is Better Than v8
We know that’s a big claim to make, but it’s true. There’s something so delicious and refreshing about the combination of healthy, intentionally selected, organic ingredients compared to canned v8 juice.
Plus, you can just grab a few ingredients from your fridge, paired with counter-ripened tomatoes, a little bit of fresh garlic and frozen cauliflower. It doesn’t take much to make this delicious smoothie and get your “greens” in for the day.
Looking for even more smoothie recipes?
If you loved our tomato smoothie – we have an amazing list of savory, sweet and fruity smoothies. Here are some of our favorites:
- Hormone Balancing Chocolate Smoothie – This brain fog busting, hormone balancing smoothie has helped me so much that I couldn’t resist sharing it. If you are a woman in your mid-30’s to 40’s who is not feeling energetic, calm and clear-headed, chances are you could use a “hormonal tune up.”
- Turmeric Tropical Smoothie – Naturally anti-inflammatory and anti-depressant, this Turmeric Smoothie tastes good and is full of nutrients. I have known about the incredible health and whole body healing benefits of turmeric for a while now and this Turmeric Smoothie is a delicious daily go-to.
- Blueberry Smoothie with Spinach – Instead of apple or orange juice with breakfast, our kids drink this deliciously fruity Blueberry Smoothie with Spinach. And trust me, your kids won’t even know this smoothie is loaded with healthy greens.
- Cranberry Superfood Smoothie – This is the ultimate testosterone food smoothie and it’s full of delicious flavor. You’re going to be able to drink this everyday and reap all the benefits. My berry-flavored testosterone smoothie has several superfoods and its natural food that gives energy and stamina.
Tomato Smoothie – Better than v8
Tomato Smoothie that you can easily make at home with more benefits than the v8 at the store. Be sure to ripen your tomatoes on the counter!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- To a high speed blender, place all ingredients, except for the ice. Process until smooth and creamy.
- If needed, add the ice and process again. Drink chilled.
Keywords: Tomato Smoothie – v8 Smoothie