Pin this to your dinner Pinterest board.
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 small shallots, finely chopped
- 2 ounces anchovies, packed in olive oil, drained
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, halved
- Pinch of coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; add the garlic, shallots, and anchovies and sauté until the shallots soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes and sugar; sauté until soft, 5 or 6 minutes. Stir in the olives, capers, parsley and red pepper flakes; cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat. If you prefer a chunkier sauce leave as is, otherwise use an immersion blender and pulse several times to puree lightly.