Of all the eggplants recipes I’ve ever made, this is our absolutely favorite eggplant recipe.
If you’ve never cooked or baked with an eggplant, then this is the eggplant recipe for you. It’s easy, quick, simple and full of nutritious savory flavor. It may look complex, but it’s not — you’ll just have to trust me on this one.
These Stuffed Eggplant Rolls came out far better than I anticipated. They are absolutely delicious. If you love the flavor and texture as much as we do, then you may add this eggplant recipe to your menu at least once a week as a vegetable side dish.
Although, the first night I made these savory Stuffed Eggplant Rolls, they were the only thing on my dinner plate.
How to Make My Favorite Eggplant Recipe
This recipe is quick and easy to make. My husband fires up the grill, while I slice the eggplant and prepare the vegetables.
#1: START UP THE GRILL
Grilling eggplant can be a little tedious. They cook quickly and need someone around to flip them and make sure they don’t overcook or burn. If you would rather bake them, just turn the oven to 400 degrees and placed them on a baking sheet for about 15-20 minutes.
However, grilled eggplant makes the best Stuffed Eggplant Recipe!
#2: PREPARING THE VEGETABLE STUFFING
We us our Manual Food Processor for chopping up onions, peppers, garlic, mushrooms and so much more. Everything in this eggplant recipe can easily be prepared in the food processor.
#3: COOKING WITH CLEAN COOKWARE
There’s so much information to teach you… so, let me break it down to a few main points that helped my family and I commit to cooking with Xtrema®.
#1: Most cookware, even ceramic-coated cookware can contain bonding material and chemicals like PFOA, that have been shown to cause serious health concerns.
#2: Cooking at high temperatures on metal cookware can cause similar issues while also changing the health profile of your foods.
#3: In Xtrema® cookware, there are no PFOAs, PTFEs, glues, polmyers, coatings or dyes.
#4: Xtrema® cookware is FDA-approved and has been made from renewable raw materials.
We love the Versa Xtrema® set. It is the most versatile and easy to use.
Now let’s get to the recipe.Print
Our Favorite Eggplant Recipe
If you love the flavor and texture as much as we do, then you may add this eggplant recipe to your menu at least once a week as a vegetable side dish.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- 2 large eggplants
- 8 ounces white or baby bella mushrooms
- 4 teaspoons cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup fresh parlsey, finely chopped
- Start the grill — or turn the oven onto 400 degrees
- Slice the eggplants into 1/2 inch thick pieces and lightly brush extra virgin olive oil on both sides
- Place the eggplant on the grill, over low heat for about 3-5 minutes on each side. Watch closely. If baking, add the eggplant slices to a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes turning halfway through.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and combine with the garlic, red bell pepper, jalepeño pepper (optional) into a manual food chopper or pulse a few times in a food processor.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a medium-sized skillet (we love the Xtrema Versa) over medium heat; add the mushroom mixture and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, until mushrooms soften. Season with salt to taste.
- Transfer mushrooms to a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add chopped parsley and combine.
- Place 2-3 tablespoons of the mushroom mixture inside of the eggplant.
- Then, rolling from the narrow side to the thickest side, roll the eggplant around the mushroom mixture.
- Place the eggplant rolls close to each other on a plate. Sprinkle with parsley.