If you love the flavor and texture as much as we do, then you may add this eggplant recipe to your menu at least once a week as a vegetable side dish.
- 2 large eggplants
- 8 ounces white or baby bella mushrooms
- 4 teaspoons cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup fresh parlsey, finely chopped
- Start the grill — or turn the oven onto 400 degrees
- Slice the eggplants into 1/2 inch thick pieces and lightly brush extra virgin olive oil on both sides
- Place the eggplant on the grill, over low heat for about 3-5 minutes on each side. Watch closely. If baking, add the eggplant slices to a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes turning halfway through.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and combine with the garlic, red bell pepper, jalepeño pepper (optional) into a manual food chopper or pulse a few times in a food processor.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a medium-sized skillet (we love the Xtrema Versa) over medium heat; add the mushroom mixture and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, until mushrooms soften. Season with salt to taste.
- Transfer mushrooms to a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add chopped parsley and combine.
- Place 2-3 tablespoons of the mushroom mixture inside of the eggplant.
- Then, rolling from the narrow side to the thickest side, roll the eggplant around the mushroom mixture.
- Place the eggplant rolls close to each other on a plate. Sprinkle with parsley.