10 Ideas for Using Mint Pesto (That Don’t Involve Lamb)
- Bake a mild white fish (such as cod or halibut) and smother it in pesto. Serve with fresh lemon wedges.
- Use it as a marinade for chicken.
- Toss mint pesto with whole grain pasta, frozen thawed petite peas and chopped walnuts (see photos above and below) for a super easy Meat Free Monday dinner.
- Roast a medley of vegetables (such as carrots, onions, eggplant and red peppers) and then drizzle with pesto just before serving.
- Mix a tablespoon of pesto in one cup of cooked whole grains (such as brown rice, quinoa, millet, etc.) as a delicious flavor booster.
- Mix 1/4 cup prepared pesto with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and use as a salad dressing.
- Use it as a dip for sprouted whole grain bread.
- Smother 1-inch thick slabs of extra firm tofu with mint pesto and bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Substitute mint pesto for basil pesto to dress zucchini pasta.
- Serve as a dip to grilled shrimp kabobs.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- 4 cups fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts
- 1 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth and creamy. Transfer to a mason jar and refrigerate until you are ready to use it.