Our Almond Butter Muffins are healthy and delicious. Most muffins are really nothing more than a sugar laden dessert with a healthy sounding (albeit deceiving!) name.
These wholesome dairy-free whole grain muffins are low in sugar, spiked with omega-3’s from chia seeds and packed full of fruit and fiber. You can make them ahead and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days or wrap individually and freeze for up to one month.
Pin this to save for later!Print
- Extra virgin coconut oil, for coating muffin tins
- 2 ripe bananas, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pastured organic egg
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup raw almond butter
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat muffin tins with a generous amount of extra virgin coconut oil.
- In a blender, add the banana, egg, almond milk, almond extract and raw honey; process until smooth and creamy.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix together the chia seeds, flour, baking powder, baking soda, unrefined sea salt and cinnamon. Mix the wet ingredients in with the dry.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins and bake until muffins are lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle, about 14 to 16 minutes. Turn the muffins out onto a rack to cool.
Looking for more delicious breakfast recipe?