Creamy and bursting with flavor, this White Chicken Chili recipe is one of our family favorites. Plus, this White Chicken Chili makes for an amazing food day. Quite simply, the food you eat is made with effortless ease, tastes amazing and leaves you feeling fabulous.
Whether you make it ahead or pull it all together at the end of a weekday, this is guaranteed be one of those recipes you will make many times.
Plus, it’s dairy free — using my special sour cream recipe. Of course, you can opt to leave this out, but it’s so delicious!
White Chicken Chili is Quick to Make
This white chicken chili recipe has actually become one of my favorite grocery store day dinner recipes.
What’s a “grocery store day dinner recipe?” It’s a recipe that is super easy to make and cooks in a hurry. That’s because on grocery store days I am usually not in the mood to cook an elaborate meal. The best part about this recipe is that you can grab a rotisserie chicken on the way out of the grocery store.
More so, I definitely don’t want to wait all day for my dinner to simmer or roast. Because of this, one pot wonders using rotisserie chicken that cook in 30 minutes are perfect for grocery store days.
How to Make Delicious Dairy Free White Chicken Chili Recipe
Conventional White Chicken Chili is loaded with dairy. Some recipes call for butter, cheese, cream sauce, cream cheese or sour cream. And of course, this white chicken chili should naturally have a creamy texture and flavor to it.
However, we are big fans of clean eating, which means we are not fans of dairy. You can read our 10 reasons why here. So, for creamy chili’s like this recipe, I knew I had to come up with a substitute.
Enter my homemade sour cream recipe.
How to Make Homemade Sour Cream
I realize the idea of making your own sour cream might not sound like the most time-efficient idea on the planet, but trust me nothing could be easier!
It takes no more than five minutes to whirl together just six ingredients in a high speed blender. My recipe calls for: macadamia nuts, water, lemon juice, honey, salt and extra virgin olive oil.
The dairy free sour cream recipe yields 1 3/4 cup and the white chicken chili recipe calls for just 3/4 cup. So you’ll have plenty of leftover sour cream to use on baked potatoes, as a sandwich spread, to dollop on soup, mix in with scrambled eggs, etc.
And you can always make the sour cream in advance since it lasts for up to a week if stored in a covered container in the refrigerator.Print
White Chicken Chili Recipe
White Chicken Chili recipe is still every bit as rich and decadent as conventional versions, but is dairy free. Creamy, delicious and hearty!
- Prep Time: 15 min.
- Cook Time: 30 min.
- Total Time: 45 min.
- Yield: 6 1x
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large Spanish onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped or shredded
- 2 celery stalks, chopped or shredded
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups organic chicken broth
- 1 can green chiles, 4.5 oz
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) white navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1.5 cups frozen corn
- 3/4 cup “Clean Cuisine Dairy Free Sour Cream” recipe
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 3 cups cooked shredded rotisserie chicken or turkey
GARNISH OPTIONS: Chopped scallions, cilantro, tortilla strips, avocado
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots, and garlic and saute for about 5 to 6 minutes, until vegetables are soft.
- Add the green chiles, broth, salt, cumin, coriander, oregano, and paprika.
- Stir in the “Clean Cuisine Dairy Free Sour Cream“, lime juice, beans, corn and chicken. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm and garnish scallions, cilantro, tortilla chips and/or avocado.
Conventional white chicken chili recipes use decadent dairy-based ingredients, typically sour cream, cheese and milk or cream. But the secret to making a clean version is my plant-based dairy free sour cream recipe. (***By the way, here are the top 10 reasons we don’t drink milk.***)