If you want to have a good food day, this dairy free white chicken chili recipe is just the thing to make! And what exactly is a good food day? It’s a day where the food you eat is made with effortless ease, tastes amazing and leaves you feeling fabulous.
Whether you make it ahead or pull it all together at the end of a weekday, this is guaranteed be one of those recipes you find yourself turning to again and again.
In fact, white chicken chili has actually become one of my favorite grocery store day dinner recipes. What’s a “grocery store day dinner recipe?” It’s a recipe that is super easy to make and cooks in a hurry. That’s because on grocery store days I am usually not in the mood to cook an elaborate meal. More so, I definitely don’t want to wait all day for my dinner to simmer or roast. Because of this, one pot wonders using rotisserie chicken that cook in 30 minutes are perfect for grocery store days.
The Secret to a CLEAN and Delicious Dairy Free White Chicken Chili Recipe
I realize the idea of making your own sour cream might not sound like the most time-efficient idea on the planet, but trust me nothing could be easier! It takes no more than five minutes to whirl together just six ingredients (macadamia nuts, water, lemon juice, honey, salt and extra virgin olive oil) in a high speed blender. The dairy free sour cream recipe yields 1 3/4 cup and the white chicken chili recipe calls for just 3/4 cup, so you’ll have plenty of leftover sour cream to use on baked potatoes, as a sandwich spread, to dollop on soup, mix in with scrambled eggs, etc. And you can always make the sour cream in advance since it lasts for up to a week if stored in a covered container in the refrigerator.
Pin this graphic for later!
P.S. Swap Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey for Chicken
And finally, since I’m sharing this recipe on the day after Thanksgiving I should also add that you can easily swap leftover turkey for the rotisserie chicken.Print
Made without cream, sour cream, butter or cheese, this creamy dairy-free White Chicken Chili recipe is still every bit as rich and decadent as conventional versions. Nobody will ever guess the secret ingredient!
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 cups chopped red onion
- 1.5 cups chopped carrots
- 5 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 cups cooked shredded rotisserie chicken or turkey
- 2 cans (4.5 ounces each diced) green chiles
- 4 cups organic chicken broth
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) white navy beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3/4 cup “Clean Cuisine Dairy Free Sour Cream” recipe
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1.5 cups frozen corn (thawed)
- Chopped scallions (for garnish)
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots, and garlic and saute for about 5 to 6 minutes, until vegetables are soft.
- Add the chicken, green chiles, broth, beans, salt, cumin, oregano, and paprika. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the “Clean Cuisine Dairy Free Sour Cream“, lime juice, and corn.
- Serve warm and garnish with scallions.
Conventional white chicken chili recipes use decadent dairy-based ingredients, typically sour cream, cheese and milk or cream. But the secret to making a clean version is my plant-based dairy free sour cream recipe. (***By the way, here are the top 10 reasons we don’t drink milk.***)