Homespun Dairy-Free Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe Is Good For You and Super Easy to Make. Here’s How to Make Strawberry Ice Cream the Healthy Way:I learned full-fat coconut milk and pureed cashews can take the place of dairy cream from a taste and texture standpoint while pureed bananas, dates and pure maple syrup (which is not a refined sugar, by the way) can do the same for sugar. Ingredient problem solved. The only problem remaining in making homemade ice cream was the dreadful memory of my mom trying to make ice cream at home when I was about five years old or so. The clearest memory I have of the whole ordeal is mom struggling with a bunch of ice and salt, dad getting mad and all the hard work ending without any edible ice cream. Not able to relive such a time-consuming disappointment of an episode, I was elated to discover that Cuisinart has an incredible ice cream maker that is not only super cheap, but also super easy to use. I am not one who likes to stash my kitchen with mounds of unnecessary culinary appliances, but for anyone who loves ice cream and clean eating, the Cuisinart® Classic White Frozen Yogurt, Ice Cream and Sorbet Make is a kitchen essential.
Pin this graphic for later!
Dairy Free Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
- Yield: 6 1x
- 3 cups frozen organic strawberries
- 1 frozen banana (cut into chunks)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raw cashews (note: to improve digestibility, soak the cashews in water for 2 hours, rinse and drain before blending)
- 1 can chilled full-fat coconut milk
- 6 medjool dates
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch of unrefined sea salt
- Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender and process until smooth and creamy. If the mixture is not cold, transfer to the freezer for about 45-minutes, or until very cold.
- Pour the cold creamy mixture into your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturers instructions.
Last Step!If you loved our recipe, leave us a review below. This helps future recipe makers and ensures continued high-quality recipes for years to come!
Friday 5th of July 2019
This was so delicious and creamy! My only regret is that I didn’t try to make it sooner. It was also my 21-month-old’s first taste of ice cream, and she loved it! Thank you, Ivy!
Saturday 6th of July 2019
Hi Nicole, Aww, I'm SO happy to hear you (and baby!!) liked it so much =) Thank you for taking the time to let me know!