- 3 cups chopped fresh mango
- 2 pints organic raspberries (divided)
- 1/4 cup plus 1/3 cup water (divided)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot
- 1 par-baked whole grain pie crust (check out my gluten-free pie crust recipe HERE)
- 1 pint organic blueberries
- In a medium saucepan on medium-high heat, combine the mangoes, one pint of raspberries, 1/4 cup water, lemon juice and coconut palm sugar. Bring liquid to a boil and cover pan. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer fruit for 15-minutes, until mangoes are very tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, whisk together the arrowroot with the remaining 1/3 cup water.
- Once the fruit has simmered for 15 minutes, pour the arrowroot mixture into the saucepan and stir to combine. Increase heat to high and bring liquid to a boil. Let boil for 2 minutes, until liquid thickens.
- Transfer the fruit-arrowroot mixture to a large glass bowl and let cool for 15 minutes. Gently stir in the remaining pint of raspberries and reserved pint of blueberries.
- Pour the mixture into a par-baked pie crust (such as this one). Transfer the pie to the freezer for 30 minutes and then to the refrigerator for another 60 minutes, or until cold and firmly set. Serve chilled.