- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup , roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon , plus more for oiling the pie dish.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch of unrefined sea salt
- Place the flaxseeds, dates and hemp seeds in a food processor. Pulse to mix until ingredients are well blended. Add the remaining ingredients and continue pulsing and processing until everything is well blended and mixture becomes moist and “crumb-like.”
- Lightly oil the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish with extra virgin coconut oil. Using your hands, spread the ingredients out evenly on the bottom of the pie dish. Pack down.
- Pour the pumpkin pie filling (below) into the pie dish and bake.