A crowd-pleasing party food, this Creamy Crab Dip recipe is perfect for almost any occasion. Whether it’s an outdoor BBQ or an upscale cocktail party, you can’t go wrong with this one. And nobody will ever guess it’s dairy free!
- 2 cups chopped fennel stalks
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 sprigs fresh tarragon
- Pink Himalayan sea salt, to taste
- 2 pounds wild-caught blue crab meat (super lump)
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 1 cup Clean Cuisine mayonnaise recipe (see notes below for store-bought recommendation)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large baking dish, combine the fennel, olive oil, tarragon and salt to taste. Roast fennel for about 15 minutes, or until soft. Remove fennel from oven and discard the tarragon. Set fennel aside to cool.
- Once the fennel is cool enough to handle add it to a large food processor. Add in the crab, sundried tomatoes, mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, Dijon mustard and crushed red pepper. Process until all ingredients are well combined. Season with salt to taste. Serve at room temperature. (Note: Crab dip can be made up to 3 days in advance and stored in a covered container in the refrigerator.)
If you don’t want to make your own mayonnaise, your best bet for a clean store-bought brand is the Avocado Mayonnaise by Primal Kitchen.