- 2 cups papaya, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 3 cups watermelon, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 tablespoon cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil (or avocado oil)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 small tomato, seeds removed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- Cumin, to taste
- Paprika, to taste
- Unrefined sea salt, to taste
- Garnish: Finely chopped celery and red bell pepper
- Add papaya, watermelon, olive oil, lime juice and tomato to a high-speed blender (such as a Vitamix) and process until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Place bell pepper, carrots, celery, garlic and jalapeno pepper in a food processor and pulse several times to finely chop the vegetables. Transfer vegetable mixture to a large serving bowl.
- Pour the watermelon-papaya mixture into the bowl with the chopped vegetables. Season with cumin, paprika and salt to taste. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Garnish with finely chopped celery and red bell pepper. Serve chilled.