- 8 ounces dried whole grain pasta shells
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups onion (finely chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 can (15 ounces BPA-free boxed pumpkin puree (such as Pacific Natural Foods brand))
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons Kite Hill Cheese “Cream Cheese Style Spread”
- Unrefined sea salt (to taste)
- White pepper (to taste)
- 1 can (15 ounces BPA-free white beans (such as Eden Foods brand), rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 pound roasted pasture-raised turkey (or chicken pieces, chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pot of salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Transfer the pasta back to the pot and set the water aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, heat the oil over low-medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and sage and cook until onion is softened, about 7-minutes. Transfer the mixture to a food processor. Add 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water, pumpkin puree and Kite Hill “Cream Cheese Style Spread”. Process until smooth and creamy (Note: add the remaining 1/4 cup of reserved pasta water if you want a thinner sauce.
- Pour the pumpkin “cream” sauce over the pasta and gently stir to coat. Stir in the cooked chicken and beans. Transfer the pot to the oven and cook for 10 minutes. Serve warm.