These Savory Stuffed Mushrooms are so delicious and so quick and easy to prepare that you certainly don’t need to wait for a special occasion to enjoy them.
- 8 ounces white or baby bella mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons shredded parsley
- 3 tablespoons shredded Gruyere cheese or aged extra sharp cheddar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and combine with the garlic, red bell pepper, jalepeño pepper (optional) into a manual food chopper or pulse a few times in a food processor.
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat; add the mushroom mixture and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, until mushrooms soften. Season with salt to taste. Transfer mushrooms to a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add chopped parsley and combine.
- Place the mushrooms onto a prepared baking sheet. Using 2 spoons, carefully scoop the mixture into the mushrooms and bake for 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove the hot baking sheet from the over, top with cheese and return to the oven for 2-3 minutes until the cheese has melted. You can also broil on low for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve warm.