- 3 organic Idaho baking potatoes (about 8-ounces each)
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers in a jar (rinsed and patted dry)
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup hummus (either make your own or look for a brand made with tahini rather than refined oils such as Abraham’s Natural Hummus)
- 1/4 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Use a fork to poke holes all over each potato; bake potatoes on an upper oven rack for 1 hour. Remove potatoes from the oven, but leave the oven on. Set potatoes aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, to a high speed blender (such as aVitamix), add the roasted red peppers, hemp seeds, fresh thyme, garlic, hummus and salt; process on high speed until mixture is smooth and creamy. Set mixture aside.
- Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, slice them in half lengthwise and gently scoop out the centers, taking extra care not to tear the shell. Add the potato centers to a large bowl and mix in the roasted red pepper mixture. Mash ingredients together with a potato masher until potatoes are lump-free and mostly smooth.
- Scoop the seasoned potatoes back into their shells, transfer to a baking sheet and return to the oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and serve warm.