- 1 can cold full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup raw cashews (Note: if you have time, soak the cashews in water for 2 hours then rinse and drain)
- 1 frozen banana (cut into chunks)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint (packed)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pure peppermint
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1/2 teaspoon wheat grass powder
- Place all of the ingredients except for the cacao nibs in a high-speed blender and process until smooth and creamy. Transfer mixture to the freezer for 25 to 30 minutes, or until very cold.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and add the cacao nibs once you turn the ice cream maker on and once the mixture is churning. Follow the manufacturers instructions for how long to churn the ice cream Note: I found this particular recipe turns to ice cream quicker than most, so keep your eye on it while machine is churning.
Soaking the cashews will make them easier to blend and also easier to digest.