- 3 cups organic spinach
- 2 organic (pastured eggs (such as Vital Farms))
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- Bring 1 1/2 cups of water to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan. Add the spinach and blanch for about 30 seconds, until just wilted. Drain the spinach and then use a cheesecloth to press as much water as humanly possible out. You want your spinach really, really dry.
- Add the dry spinach, eggs and salt to a high-speed blender (such as a Vitamix) and process on high until the mixture is smooth and creamy, about 30 seconds.
- Add the flour to a large work surface or pastry board and make a well in the center; slowly add the spinach-egg mixture and use a fork to combine the ingredients together.
- Once the ingredients are combined, start to knead the dough with your hands. If the dough is too dry, add about 2 tablespoons of water at a time. Use your hands to roll the dough into about an 8-inch oval-like ball. Note: The dough is ready for your pasta maker when it is pliant and no longer sticks to your hands.
- Use a knife to cut the dough into small 5 segments (see photo above). Begin preparing your sheets of pasta according to the directions provided by the manufacturer of your pasta maker. If you are using the Marcato Atlas 150 pasta maker that I have, be sure to watch this tutorial video.
- Once you have your long sheets pasta prepared, you’ll want to dust both sides with flour before cutting them into strips of pasta. When cutting your pasta, you will once again want to follow the directions provided by the manufacturer of your pasta maker.
- To cook the pasta, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Carefully add your pasta to the boiling water and cook for about 3 minutes. Fresh pasta cooks FAST!