You really don’t need to be exact about measuring this or that. Use the below guidelines as just that, guidelines.
- 3/4 pound grass fed (pastured) extra lean ground lamb (I buy mine from US Wellness Meats)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup tabouleh (I buy Hannah brand from Costco. Either omit, or replace with gluten free tabouleh recipe if GF)
- Unrefined sea salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Lemon Juice
- Fresh avocado slices
- Toasted gluten free buns
- Preheat the grill to high heat (or lightly oil a ceramic (non-metallic cookware is less toxic) skillet with extra virgin olive oil and heat over medium-high.)
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground lamb with the tabouleh (careful not to over mix or the meat will be too tough). Form the meat into 4 3/4-inch thick burgers. Season the meat with salt and pepper on both sides. Grill for about 3 minutes on each side for medium doneness. Squeeze lemon juice on top and set aside.
- Top the burgers with avocado slices and eat alone or nestle between sprouted whole grain buns.