- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup medium grind organic whole grain cornmeal (such as Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons organic extra virgin coconut oil (such as Barlean’s)
- 6 pitted dates
- 2 organic (pastured eggs (such as Vital Farms))
- 1 cup unsweetened hemp milk or unsweetened almond milk
- 3 bananas (mashed)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and position the racks low in the oven. Line 10 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Put the rolled oats in a high-speed blender (such as a Vitamix) or food processor; process into flour. Add the oat flour, cornmeal, brown rice flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a high-speed blender, add the coconut oil, dates, eggs, almond milk, bananas and vanilla extract; process until smooth and creamy.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry, and mix gently (Note: over mixing will result in hard muffins) Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Spoon the muffin mix into the prepared muffin tins. Bake for 20 to 23 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove muffins from the oven and set aside to cool for 5 to 8 minutes. Best served warm.