You don’t need marshmallows, butter, cream, refined sugar or any other not-so-clean ingredient to make this CLEAN southern-inspired gluten-free hasselback sweet potato casserole recipe.
- 2 large sweet potatoes (peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices (see notes))
- 1 cup “Clean Cuisine” dairy free sour cream recipe
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons coconut palm sugar (divided)
- 1/3 cup cassava flour (or sprouted spelt flour if not gluten free)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil (softened)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped raw pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly oil the bottom and sides of an 8 x 8-inch casserole dish. Arrange sweet potato slices, standing vertically on edges, in the casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Clean Cuisine sour cream, 1/4 cup water, pepper, 3/4 teaspoon salt, cinnamon and half of the sugar. Pour the mixture over the sweet potatoes.
- Stir together the flour, remaining sugar, oil and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir in the chopped pecans. Set pecan mixture aside.
- Bake, uncovered, 45 minutes. Uncover and top evenly with pecan mixture. Return to oven and bake 15 more minutes. Increase oven temperature to broil and broil until topping is golden brown, about 2 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Using a mandoline makes slicing the sweet potatoes super easy!