- 1 large carrot (or 1 1/2 small carrots, peeled and chopped)
- 2 oranges (peel and white pith removed)
- Juice from 1 whole lime
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon turmeric (Note: If you are not used to eating turmeric, start with 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 frozen banana (chopped into small pieces)
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup cold water (OR 1/2 cup dandelion tea, chilled)
- Pinch of unrefined sea salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Place a small pot of water fitted with a steamer basket over the stove. Add the carrots to the steamer basket and set the heat to medium-high heat. Steam carrots for about 4 minutes, or until just tender. Remove carrots from steamer basket and transfer to the freezer to chill for 5 minutes.
- Place the chilled carrots and remaining ingredients in a high-speed blender (I love Vitamix) and process until smooth and creamy. Drink chilled. (Want to turn your Detox Smoothie into a popsicle? See notes below!)
To turn your Detox Smoothie into a popsicle, simply pour the smoothie into a popsicle mold (my favorite is the Zoku Quick Popsicle Maker) and freeze.