- 1 large carrot OR 1 1/2 small carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 oranges, peel and white pith removed
- Juice from 1 whole lime
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon turmeric, Note: If you are not used to eating turmeric, start with 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 frozen banana, chopped into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup cold water OR 1/2 cup dandelion tea, chilled
- Pinch of unrefined sea salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Place a small pot of water fitted with a steamer basket over the stove. Add the carrots to the steamer basket and set the heat to medium-high heat. Steam carrots for about 4 minutes, or until just tender. Remove carrots from steamer basket and transfer to the freezer to chill for 5 minutes.
- Place the chilled carrots and remaining ingredients and process until smooth and creamy. Drink chilled.
Want to turn your Detox Smoothie into a popsicle? See notes below!
To turn your Detox Smoothie into a popsicle, simply pour the smoothie into a popsicle mold (my favorite is the Zoku Quick Popsicle Maker) and freeze.