- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons acai powder, optional (see notes)
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
1. Add the popcorn to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, add the coconut milk and coconut oil and heat over low heat for about 1 minute, or until oil is melted. Slowly stir in the maple syrup, vanilla extract, cacao powder and acai powder. Use a whisk to mix ingredients thoroughly until smooth and lump-free. Stir in the salt.
3. Carefully pour the chocolate mixture over the popcorn, using a spoon to mix and toss the popcorn to evenly coat. Sprinkle with coconut palm sugar. Refrigerate to harden chocolate for about 15 minutes. Serve at once.
Both Raw Cacao Powder and Acai Powder are easy to find these days at just about any natural foods store or of course online. I like Navitas Organics brand for both.