- When your ham has about 35 minutes left to cook, begin making this brown sugar ham glaze.
- In a heavy bottomed stainless steel pan, combine all ingredients and place over low heat for about 1-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Once the coconut sugar has melted, turn up the heat to medium-high heat until the glaze begins to gently boil. Reduce the heat just a little to maintain that gentle boil for about 3-4 more minutes.
- Reduce the heat down to medium-low and continue to stir every 10-15 seconds. The mixture should begin to thicken into a glaze.
- Turn the heat off and let the glaze cool for about 2-3 minutes.
- Pull the ham out of the oven and using a silicone basting brush, brush the ham with the brown sugar ham glaze until completely covered.
- Return to the oven for the last 30 minutes of cooking. Do not cover.
Still have some glaze leftover? Just warm it up on low heat for a few minutes and add to the ham when there’s about 10 minutes left. Repeat 6 and 7.