- 1 ripe banana, cut into chunks
- 2 organic, pastured eggs (I like Vital Farms brand)
- ¼ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons raw, unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/8 teaspoon pure lemon extract
- Pinch of unrefined sea salt
- Organic extra virgin coconut oil, such as Barlean’s (for cooking)
- ¾ cup fresh organic blueberries
- In a high speed blender (such as Vitamix) add the banana, eggs, oats, wheat germ, coconut, lemon extract and pinch of salt; process until smooth and creamy.
- Lightly oil the bottom of a large skillet with coconut oil and heat over medium. Pour ¼ cup batter onto the hot oiled skillet. Gently press the blueberries into the raw batter one a time, taking care to evenly distribute them. Cook pancake for about 2-3 minutes and then flip carefully and cook on the other side until lightly browned. Repeat with the remaining batter, lightly oiling the skillet each time. Serve warm.