Vegetable Tian Recipe
Vegetable Tian Recipe is perfect when you are trying to get your family to eat more vegetables. A casserole-style baked GF vegetable dish.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Sides
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1 eggplant, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 2 zucchini, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 large beefsteak organic tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons
- Pink Himalayan sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 slices whole grain gluten free bread
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 cloves garlic
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly oil the bottom and sides of a 9 x 12-inch casserole dish. Arrange half of the eggplant in a single layer on the bottom of the dish. Top with half of the zucchini and half of the tomato. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place bread in a food processor, process into coarse crumbs. Add the pine nuts, basil, oregano, thyme and garlic to processor; process until ingredients are well-combined. Sprinkle 1/2 of the breadcrumb mixture evenly over the tomatoes.
- Repeat layers with remaining eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, oil, salt pepper and breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and topping is light golden brown. Serve warm.
Keywords: Vegetable Tian Recipe