- 1 Gingerbread Spice Cake (note: you will not need to use the entire cake for the trifle recipe)
- Amaretto (to taste (I like Disaronno), optional)
- 2 14- ounce cans of Coconut Whipped Cream
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon (divided)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut palm sugar or date sugar
- 1 tablespoon organic (extra virgin coconut oil (such as Barlean’s))
- 2 Granny Smith Apples (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups “Clean” Candied Pecans
- 1 star fruit (sliced)
- Layer the bottom of six 8-ounces glasses (such as Old Fashioneds) with crumbled Gingerbread Spice Cake. Drizzle with Amaretto (if using.)
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut whipped cream, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, vanilla extract and coconut palm sugar (or date sugar.) Add a big dollop of the cinnamon-whipped cream on top of the crumbled gingerbread spice cake.
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat; add the chopped apples and remaining 2 teaspoons of cinnamon. Saute apples for about 6 minutes, or until soft. Pour in the maple syrup and cook for an additional minute. Divide half of the apple-cinnamon mixture over the cinnamon-whipped cream.
- Add another layer of crumbled Gingerbread Spice Cake. Drizzle again with Amaretto (if using.)
- Add a big dollop of the cinnamon-whipped cream on top of the crumbled gingerbread spice cake.
- Divide the remaining apple-cinnamon mixture over the cinnamon-whipped cream.
- Add another dollop of cinnamon-whipped cream.
- Sprinkle the “Clean” Candied Pecans on top of the cinnamon-whipped cream.
- Top the trifle dessert with a piece of star fruit. Refrigerate until serving time.
Individual Gingerbread Trifle desserts can be assembled and stored in the refrigerator for up to 24-hours before serving time.