Perfect for a party or even an after-school snack, nutritious sweet potato toast is super easy to make and can be topped with just about anything.
- 1 large sweet potato (peeled)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil OR unrefined avocado oil
- Unrefined sea salt (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Cut the sweet potato in half horizontally and then slice each half lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick pieces. Brush both sides of the sweet potato pieces with oil and season with salt to taste.
- Position the sweet potato pieces in a single layer on a wire baking rack placed over a cookie tray (to catch the drippings.) Bake 40 minutes.
- Remove the sweet potato toasts from the oven and transfer to a serving platter to cool. Toppings can be applied once they are cool.