- 8 pieces sprouted whole grain bread (such as One Degree Organic, crusts removed and cut into mini triangles)
- Extra virgin olive oil (for brushing the bread)
- 1 container (10 ounces Kite Hill brand “Cream Cheese Style Spread”)
- 3/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small shallot (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 package (8 ounces wild smoked salmon)
- Capers (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and arrange the bread triangles on top. Lightly oil the tops of the triangles with extra virgin olive oil. Toast in the oven for about 8 minutes, or until golden. Remove from the oven and transfer to a serving platter.
- In a food processor, add the Kite Hill “Cream Cheese Style Spread”, parsley, dill, garlic, shallots and lemon juice. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Smear the herb-spread on the toasted bread triangles, top with smoked salmon and garnish with capers. Serve at room temperature.