- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 stalks leeks, cleaned and sliced into 1-inch rounds
- 1 package (9-ounces) frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Unrefined sea salt, to taste
- 4 (6-ounce) wild salmon fillets, rinsed and blotted dry
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup Chardonnay
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the onions, leeks, and artichokes; sauté for approximately 5 minutes, or until onions and leeks are softened. Mix in the parsley and season the vegetables with salt. Arrange the vegetables on the bottom of a 5 or 6 quart slow cooker.
- Season the salmon with salt. Arrange the salmon on top of the vegetables. Arrange the orange and lemon slices on top of the salmon. In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, orange juice and Chardonnay.
- Pour the liquid over the fish and vegetables. Cover and cook the fish on high for approximately 45 minutes. Since every slow cooker is somewhat different, you will want to check the fish after about 45-minutes and then continue cooking an additional 20 to 45 minutes, or until fish is done to your liking.