1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly oil the bottom and sides of an 8-inch casserole dish.Put walnuts and 3 tablespoons of the parsley in a small food processor. Pulse into “crumbs” and set aside.
2. Put water, cashews, Dijon mustard, lemon juice and hot sauce in a high speed blender and process until smooth and creamy. Set mixture aside.
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and carrots and cook 5 to 6 minutes, or until vegetables are soft. Add salt. Add peas and cashew cream and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in remaining ½ cup parsley. Add salmon and use a fork to break up the pieces.
4. Add the pasta shells to the casserole dish. Spoon the vegetable-cashew mixture over the noodles and stir to combine. Sprinkle the walnut-parsley crumbs on top.
5. Bake for 20 minutes. Allow casserole to cool for 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm.
#1: Gluten Free: “Ancient Harvest” Organic Supergrain pasta (made with corn and quinoa)
#2: Gluten Free & Grain Free: “Banza” Chickpea pasta (made from chickpeas!)