- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 8 dates (Deglet Noor)
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons silver (or white) tequila
- 2 tablespoons coconut “cream” (see notes below)
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ice
- 3 lemon wedges
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- In a high-speed blender (such as a Vitamix), add the pumpkin puree, lemon juice, ginger, dates, tequila, coconut “cream”, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, salt, water and ice. Process on high speed until smooth. Set aside.
- Rub the rims of 3 cocktail glasses with the lemon wedge. Mix together the chia seeds and coconut palm sugar on a small plate and then dip each glass in the mixture. Pour the pumpkin mixture into the glasses and serve at once.
Coconut “cream” is the thick, non-watery part from a coconut milk can.