A savory and super moist ground turkey and mushroom burger.
- 1/4 cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup chopped shiitake mushrooms (stems removed)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound pasture-raised ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons brown rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Put the olives and parsley in a mini food processor and pulse several times until finely chopped. Set aside.
- Add the mushrooms, onions, peppers and garlic in a manual food processor (like this one from Pampered Chef) and pulse until very finely chopped (be careful not to over-process.)
- Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat; add the vegetable mixture and saute, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft and the liquid has evaporated, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Then, add the olive parsley mixture to the skillet and mix well to blend. Cook for 1 minute. Transfer to a bowl and cool, stirring occasionally.
- To the vegetable mixture, add the ground turkey, flour, salt and pepper. Use clean hands to mix the ingredients together. Form into five 4-inch patties.
- Lightly oil the bottom of the skillet and heat over medium-high heat; add the burgers and cook, turning once, about 8-minutes total, until cooked through. Serve warm.