- 1⁄3 cup mango pieces
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1-inch piece ginger root, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons plum sauce (such as Wok Mei)
- 3 tablespoons high-quality soy sauce (or nama shoyu or San J gluten-free soy sauce)
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons plum sauce (such as Wok Mei)
- 1 tablespoon high-quality soy sauce (or nama shoyu or San J gluten-free soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2 scallions, shredded
- 1 package (8 ounces) tempeh, shredded
- 12 large romaine lettuce leaves, rinsed and patted dry
For the Dipping Sauce:
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend or process until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
For the Lettuce Wraps:
- In a food processor, add the lime juice, plum sauce, soy sauce, and cashews; process until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet or Ceramcor Wok over medium heat; add the ginger and garlic and sauté 30 seconds. Add the carrots and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the scallions and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the tempeh and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drizzle the lime-soy sauce over the tempeh mixture and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes. Serve the tempeh mixture in a large bowl with lettuce leaves and dipping sauce on the side.