Cooking spaghetti squash is so easy and full of nutrition. You can roast, bake or microwave to add to any recipe.
- 1 Spaghetti Squash (yellow to light orange in color and firm – about 8 inches to 12 inches long)
- Cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil or
- Unrefined sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds and pulp (just like cleaning out the inside of a pumpkin at Halloween.)
- Place on the baking sheet cut side down. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Outer skin will be soft when done and flesh will be very tender.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Pull a fork lengthwise through the flesh to separate it into long strands. It comes out easily and looks like thin spaghetti.