Women over 40: If you want to feel energized, calm & clear-headed, then this brain fog busting/ hormone balancing smoothie recipe is for you. It’s chock full of superfoods that increase mental flow, boost energy, support healthy hormones, boost mood & curb sugar cravings.
- 2 tablespoons collagen powder
- 1 teaspoon camu powder
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ashwagandha
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup frozen wild blueberries OR 1 package unsweetened frozen acai
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 frozen banana
- Optional: 3 or 4 medjool dates
- Optional: 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon stevia powder
- Optional: Go Raw brand “Coco Crunch Sprouted Granola” topping (for sprinkling on top)
- In a blender jar, add 1 1/4 cups water and 1/2 cup ice. Add the collagen, camu, cacao, maca, ashwagandha, flaxseeds, hemp seeds, frozen wild blueberries (OR frozen acai), frozen cauliflower and frozen banana. Process in a for at least one full minute, or until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- To make the smoothie sweeter: Add the dates, vanilla and stevia powder and process until smooth and creamy.
- To add a crunchy topping: Sprinkle on a few tablespoons of Go Raw brand “Coco Crunch Sprouted Granola” topping.
- Drink cold.
The hormone balancing smoothie recipe can be made up to 24 hours in advance and stored in a covered container (such as a thermos) in the refrigerator.