- 1 large pear peeled (cored and sliced in half)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 3/4 cup dry red wine (such as Pinot Noir)
- 3/4 cup orange juice (preferably fresh squeezed)
- 1/4 cup white raisins
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 6 pitted organic pitted dates (like these ones from Terrasoul)
- Position rack in center of oven; preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the pear halves on parchment-lined baking sheets, brush with olive oil and roast until tender, about 40 minutes. Remove pears from oven and set aside to cool. Chop pears into small pieces when cool enough to handle.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add the oil. Add cranberries, orange zest and ginger; stir until cranberries begin to burst, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add wine, orange juice, white raisins, honey, and salt; simmer until mixture is reduced, about 15 minutes. Stir in the roasted chopped pears.
- Transfer 1/4 of the mixture to a high-speed blender, like our favorite one from Ninja, and add the dates. Process until dates are pureed.
- Transfer the pureed date-mixture back to the saucepan and stir to combine. Serve cranberry sauce warm or cold.