- Preheat oven to 375 degrees if using a stainless steel baking sheet. However, we highly recommend and only use stoneware baking pans. If a stoneware baking pan, then set the over to 400 degrees.
- To the baking pan, add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and using a basting brush, spread out the oil so it covers the bottom of the pan.
- Place all of the remaining ingredients into a food processor – garbanzo beans, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, onion, cilantro, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, cinnamon and sea salt.
- Using a medium scoop (2 tablespoons), scoop the mixture onto a plate until all of the mixture is scooped. Using your hands, shape the falafel mixture into small patties. Each should be about 2″ wide and 1/2″ thick. Place the falafel onto the oiled baking pan.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until the bottom is golden brown. Very, very carefully, flip the falafels and return to the oven. The falafels are going to be brittle and crack easily if you flip up quickly. Then, once flipped, bake for an additional 18-22 minutes until both sides are golden brown.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven and let the falafels cool for about 10 minutes on the pan. They will firm up and make it easier to dip them.
Try one of these dips to pair with your Baked Falafel recipe: