Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place dried apricots in a microwave-safe dish and cover with 1 cup of water. Heat on high for 2 1/2 minutes. Let apricots sit in hot water for 5 minutes. Drain water and set apricots aside.
- Place peanuts in a mini food processor and process into fine “crumbs”. Set aside.
- In a high-speed blender (such as a Vitamix), add the apricots, melted extra virgin coconut oil, peanut butter, egg, pure vanilla extract and water. Process on high speed for 1 minute, or until smooth and creamy. Add the sugar and process again.
- In a medium-sized bowl mix together the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir the wet ingredients in with the dry and mix well. Add in the peanuts and cacao nibs (or chocolate chips) and stir to combine.
- Measure one tablespoon of batter per cookie and place cookies on prepared baking sheet. Flatten cookies lightly with a fork or the back of a spoon. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove cookies from the oven and set on a rack to cool. Note: Cookies will keep for 3 days in a covered container or freeze for up to one month in a zip-top bag.