Our Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies Recipe makes sweet, moist and chewy cookies. Gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free too!
- 1 cup coconut oil, such as Barlean’s
- 1 1/2 cups coconut palm sugar
- 2 pastured eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup 1-for-1 gluten free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup finely chopped raw walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or use our favorite stoneware baking pan.
- In a large bowl, add the coconut oil (or butter) and coconut palm sugar and beat for 2-3 minutes with a hand mixer or stand mixer.
- Next, add the 2 eggs and vanilla and beat for another 2-3 minutes.
- To the large batter bowl, add the flour, salt, baking soda, spices and oats and stir with a wood spoon (do not use the mixer).
- To the bowl, add cranberries and walnuts. Stir until well combined.
- For large cookies, use a large scoop with approximately 3 tablespoons. If you want smaller cookies, you can use a small scoop just keep an eye on the oven! Flatten the cookies slightly with the back of a wet spoon.
- Bake the cookies for 13 to 15 minutes, until they are golden brown and almost firm to the touch. Cool on the baking sheet on a wire rack for about 5 minutes, then remove the cookies from the baking sheet and continue to let them cool on a rack.
These cookies will keep for about 5 days if kept in a covered container in the fridge. They can also be made ahead and frozen for up to a month.