- 4 carrots (finely chopped)
- 1 whole fennel bulb (finely chopped, fronds reserved)
- 1/2 onion (finely chopped)
- 1/3 cup unrefined plus 2 teaspoons (cold-pressed avocado oil)
- 2 cups cooked millet (quinoa or barley)
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon unrefined sea salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (plus more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon raw honey
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lina a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the carrots, fennel and onions on the parchment paper, drizzle with 2 teaspoons avocado oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Roast vegetables for 15 minutes, or until soft but not mushy. Transfer vegetables to a large serving bowl, add the cooked millet and toss everything together gently. Set mixture aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the garlic, avocado oil, lemon juice, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, anchovy paste (optional) and honey; use a fork to whisk everything together.
- Drizzle avocado dressing on top of millet and vegetables. Gently toss all of the ingredients together. Chop the reserved fennel fronds and add them to the bowl. Stir in the walnuts, Adjust seasoning and serve at room temperature.
- Chop fronds