Healthy holiday baking is easy and delicious with these clean dairy free/ gluten free lemon olive oil cupcakes (with no refined sugar,) And the lemon frosting has got to be the easiest frosting EVER!
For the Cupcakes:
- 3/4 cup cassava flour
- 3/4 cup
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 3/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 3 organic (pasture-raised eggs)
- 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
For the Frosting:
- 1 cup coconut butter (softened)
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 cup fresh pomegrante seeds
- 1/4 cup lemon shavings
- For the Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 muffin tins with paper cupcake liners.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the cassava flour, oat flour, baking powder, lemon zest, sugar and salt.
- In a high speed blender, add the lemon juice, water, walnuts, eggs, vanilla, olive oil and dates. Process on high until mixture is smooth and creamy. Pour wet mixture in with the dry and use a wooden spoon to stir ingredients together until just blended.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the 12 cupcake liners. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool for at least 30 minutes before frosting.
- For the Frosting:
- In a medium-sized bowl add the softened coconut butter, lemon juice and maple syrup. Use a fork to whisk ingredients together until smooth and creamy. Use a knife to spread the frosting on the cupcakes.
- Sprinkle the pomegrante seeds and lemon shavings evenly over the cupcakes and serve.
Cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.