- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup millet flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 4 tablespoons unrefined (organic red palm oil (such as Nutiva brand) OR organic, extra virgin coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syurp
- 3 organic (pasture-raised eggs (such as Vital Farms))
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 cup grated carrots (see notes below)
- 3/4 cup black or yellow raisins
- 3/4 cup chopped raw walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a round 9-inch cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, brown rice flour, millet flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a blender, combine the red palm oil, maple syrup, eggs, vanilla, lemon juice and frozen pineapple; process until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the wet ingredients in with the dry and mix well to incorporate. Stir in the carrots, raisins and walnuts. Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan and transfer to the middle rack of an oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes clean. Set cake on a wire rack to cool for at least 45 minutes before frosting. Frost with Whipped Macadamia Frosting (see recipe below).
To grate the carrots, place carrot slices in a food processor and pulse several times, but be careful not to over-grate the carrots!