- 1/2 cup BPA-free garbanzo beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 banana
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons coconut “cream” (see notes below)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pure almond extract
- 4 pitted medjool dates
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Pinch of unrefined sea salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons lightly sweetened cacao nibs (such as Navitas Naturals)
- In a high-speed blender, add the garbanzo beans, banana, coconut “cream”, almond extract, dates, cacao powder, water, maple syrup and pinch of salt. Process on high for 1 full minute, or until ingredients are well-blended.
- Stir in the cacao nibs with a knife.
- Carefully pour the mixture into Popsicle molds, freeze and eat!
Coconut “Cream” is the thick, rich and non-watery part of canned coconut milk. To get the “cream” you need to refrigerate your coconut milk for 5 or 6 hours or pop it in the freezer for at least an hour. Once the coconut milk is cold, carefully remove the top with a can opener and use a spoon to scoop out the hardened coconut “cream” off the top. The “cream” is what you will be using for the Fudgesicle Recipe. You can reserve the liquid water for smoothies. Also, for what it is worth, I always seem to have the easiest time getting the cream from Thai Kitchen brand.