Food and Wine – Leek Potato Soup Recipe
Food and wine pairing for cozy winter meals including this delicious Leek Potato Soup with Red wine.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stock pot
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 4 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups sliced leeks
- 2 cups white skinned potatoes, diced
- 1 cup Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 organic Granny Smith apples, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- Place the vegetable broth and pine nuts in a high speed blender and process until smooth and creamy. Set creamy broth aside.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a 5.5 quart ceramic stock pot. Immediately add the leeks, potatoes and onions and sauté for 8 to 10 minutes, until soft. Season with salt to taste.
- Next, to the stock pot, add the chopped apples and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes, until apples soften. Sprinkle with white pepper and nutmeg. Add the lemon juice and thyme and cook until liquid is reduced, about 2 or 3 minutes.
- Pour the creamy broth in with the onions, leeks and apples.
- Transfer the hot soup to a stainless steel high speed blender and pulse for 20-40 seconds until smooth and creamy. Alternatively, add the soup to a large bowl and use a handheld stick blender and process ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Return to the large stock pot and simmer over low heat for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve warm.
Keywords: Leek Potato Soup Recipe