Made with gluten free flour and flax seeds, this wheat free fluffy banana pancake recipe is super healthy and SO super good!
- 2 1/4 cups
- 1/4 cup
- 2 tablespoons
- 2 teaspoons
- 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 1/8 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 organic pasture-raised eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk OR coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons melted extra virgin coconut oil, plus more for cooking
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, flax seeds, baking powder, baking soda, coconut sugar and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, combine all wet ingredients except for the melted coconut oil
- Make a well, or hole, in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the wet ingredients and mix 3-4 times. Add in the melted coconut oil and whisk together thoroughly until just combined, but do not over-mix!
- In the smaller bowl, add the two bananas and mash (one of our favorite kitchen tools is this pasty blender that we use for mashing bananas too!)
- Gently fold in the mashed bananas with a spatula.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat and add coconut oil. When the oil is hot, ladle about 1/4 cup batter per pancake. Cook pancakes about 2 minutes, carefully flip and cook on the other side until center is cooked through. Serve warm.
Uncooked pancake batter can be stored in the refrigerator in a mason jar for up to 3 days.