Made with whole grain sprouted spelt flour and flax seeds, this wheat free fluffy banana pancake recipe is super healthy and SO super good!
- 2 1/4 cups sprouted spelt flour (such as One Degree Organics)
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 organic (pasture-raised eggs (such as Vital Farms), lightly beaten)
- 1 3/4 cup unsweetened hemp milk (OR almond milk OR coconut milk)
- 2 tablespoons melted extra virgin coconut oil (plus more for cooking)
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, flax seeds, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Make a well, or hole, in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the vanilla, eggs, hemp milk, and coconut oil. Whisk together thoroughly until just combined, but do not over-mix.
- Gently fold in the masked bananas with a spatula.
- Heat a well oiled griddle or skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, ladle about 1/4 cup batter per pancake. Cook pancakes about 2 minutes, carefully flip and cook on the other side until center is cooked through. Serve warm.
Uncooked pancake batter can be stored in the refrigerator in a mason jar for up to 3 days.