- 1 cup defatted turkey broth (see directions below)
- 1½ cups chopped organic un-waxed rutabaga (peeled, cut into ½ inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons 1-for-1 gluten free flour (like this one from King Arthur)
- 2 tablespoons all-natural orange marmalade
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon pomegranate juice (not from concentrate)
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- Unrefined sea salt (to taste)
- White pepper (to taste)
- Pour all of the drippings (turkey juices plus fat) from the bottom of the pan into a gravy separator or measuring cup. Spoon off the fat and discard it, reserving 1 cup turkey broth. Set aside.
- Cook rutabagas in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain rutabagas and transfer to a food processor or blender; process until chopped but still chunky. Set aside.
- Add olive oil and flour to a medium-sized saucepan; heat over medium-high heat, whisking constantly, for 2 minutes. Stir in the rutabaga puree.
- Add turkey broth to the rutabaga mixture. Stir in the marmalade, pomegranate juice and wine. Simmer the sauce for 25 minutes. Season with salt and white pepper to taste. Use a handheld stick blender to process into a smooth gravy. Serve warm.