- 2 cups chopped mango
- 1 tablespoons
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom (plus more to taste)
- 2 1/2 cups canned coconut milk (divided)
- 2 teaspoons gelatin (see notes in article above for a “clean” gelatin brand)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons
- Unrefined sea salt (to taste)
- Place the mango, coconut palm sugar and cardamom in a medium-sized bowl and gently toss together. Set mango mixture aside.
- Add 1/2 cup of the coconut milk to a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin on top. Allow mixture to sit for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to a small saucepan, add the remaining 2 cups of coconut milk, vanilla extract, maple syrup and pinch of unrefined sea salt. Warm the mixture over low heat, whisking occasionally with a fork, until tiny bubbles start to form. Remove the mixture from the heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Whisk the reserved coconut-gelatin mixture slowly into the warm coconut-maple syrup mixture until it is completely smooth and gelatin is dissolved. Divide the mixture evenly among 6 small bowls, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or until firm.
- Divide the mango sauce on top of the firmed coconut mixture and serve chilled.